7 tips for tiling the kitchen
Would you like to give your kitchen a different look? With just a new covering it will look like another place.
Ceramic tiles have been present in kitchens around the world for years, being the option chosen by excellence generation after generation for the different possibilities they offer: they are very resistant to heat and humidity, scratches and are very easy to clean.
Tips for tiling the kitchen
- Take care of the style and combination of the tiles. Try to combine the kitchen with the rest of the rooms in the house to find a model that integrates better with the whole.
- Choose quality materials. Not all of them have the same qualities and you must consider what result you want to obtain when designing the kitchen.
- Analyze properly the surface to be covered. Make a previous estimate of the amount of tiles you need: walls, floor, island, front of the kitchen, etc.
- Opt for timeless and durable styles. Decide on simple and current tiles that manage to remain fashionable despite the passage of time.
- Carefully select the layout of the tiles. Ceramic tiles usually offer different layouts when creating certain compositions and figures. The same tile can cause different impressions and nuances in style depending on whether it is laid vertically, horizontally or even diagonally.
- Introduce a border. Borders are a resource that will add an original and attractive air to the kitchen. But remember not to overload the room.
- Bear in mind the properties of ceramic tiles. To cover the kitchen, it is advisable to choose materials that are resistant, durable and easy to clean.
Why choose tiles to cover the kitchen?
There is no doubt that ceramic tiles have positioned as an optimum material for coating bathrooms and kitchens for various reasons:
Resistance and durability. Their high resistance to scratches, high temperatures and humidity make them a good alternative for the kitchen.
Easy to clean. Ceramic tiles are very easy to clean and, depending on their texture, can also hide dirt.
Wide variety of styles and colors. Ceramic tiles can be of different shapes, sizes and colors. Floor and walls, as well as furniture, worktops and the rest of the decorative elements must be in line with the style of the kitchen to achieve a space that is fully integrated into the whole of the house.
This season, bet on tiles to cover the kitchen!