Hexagonal tiles: creativity in terms of geometry
When we think of ceramic tiles, the first thing that comes to mind is the rectangular or square tile for walls and floors. After all, they are the formats with a history of shaping floor tiles and wall tiles. However, ceramic technology has allowed one of the most outstanding qualities in ceramics to be taken advantage of, namely: versatility. This capacity allowed it to be developed through ground-breaking and revolutionary formats like hexagonal tiles for both floors and walls. A ceramic design that has taken on a certain level of importance in the paving and the covering of bathrooms and kitchens.
The small hexagonal tile format offers a whole world of installation possibilities in spaces such as the kitchen and the bathroom. This format is especially comfortable, and it takes on its maximum splendor with the small sized tiles. We show it to you by collecting a creative idea for each side of its ergonomics. In Decocer we offer a tile format of 17.5 x 20.2 cm tiles hexagonal, a size typology that offers a thousand creative possibilities in the decoration of kitchens and bathrooms with style.
Six ideas for including hexagonal tiles in your project:
1. The Beehive effect on the wall. With hexagonal designs and a very similar aesthetic with a shaded or beveled perimeter, you can recreate the beauty and symmetry of a beehive. In fact, to enhance this aesthetic, hexagonal tiles are being used in clear tones like white with coloured joints in black.
Its design builds an organic and serene set which is ideal for small spaces, such as bathrooms, since the beehive provides visual amplitude and a unique personality for the atmosphere in which it is installed.
2. Random designs. Why follow order? One of the advantages provided by hexagonal tiles is that the miscellany is totally allowed. So much so, that this technique has become one of the standout decor trends of the season. It allows several textures, colours, graphics and finishes to be combined such as wood and stone.
This aesthetic resource allows for different degrees of application on the wall or on the floor of the kitchen and the bathroom. From a complete surface to a strategic part of the space, namely: the bed headboard and the kitchen panel; even as a decorative element on a bathroom wall. Our Ykea collection reproduces a fusion of graphics which maximize this trend on floors and walls.
3. Material symbiosis. As in the case of square tiles, the hexagonal ceramic tiles allow other materials and objects to be blended, like bathroom wall mirrors. With this type of porcelain tile, frames or designs around the mirror can be created which are called: a reflective puddle. A resource with a great visual impact which is capable of transforming spaces such as the bathroom or kitchen.
4. Three-dimensional character. Hexagonal tiles are the kings of visual combinations and three-dimensional effects. A hexagonal floor tile with 3D designs on its surfaces provides great modernity, texture and dynamism to the space. The strategic combination of colours, shapes and shading tones acquires great relevance in these types of effects, since they lead the way in creating the new dimension on walls and floors.
5. Mosaics. In the universe of mosaics, the hexagonal tiles take on the leading role in kitchens and bathrooms, since these mosaics are an infallible design for rooms which look for a vibrant and unique aesthetic.
In addition to our standard ceramic collections, in Decocer we have the possibility to create your tile completely customized with our configurator. Once you have seen your possibilities, it is time to unleash your imagination, shape your ideas and create the ceramic collection you need for your project.